Through the years, a lot of health and nutrition supplements have come and gone in the eyes of the public. Only a few of them have remained active, steady, and has a loyal and impressive following.
One of them is Santé Barley.
In this article, we’ll talk about barley grass and its benefits, and why Kuya Kim Atienza – a renowned TV host and weatherman – has chosen it as his go-to health product.
Kuya Kim Atienza and Santé Barley
Recently, Santé – a provider of high-quality health and wellness products and services – renewed its partnership with Kim Atienza as its brand ambassador.
Joey Marcelo, CEO of Santé says that Kim Atienza embodies what the brand is all about, “Aside from making his mark in the entertainment industry, Kuya Kim also embodies what healthy living is all about, which, we at Santé are passionate about. We are extremely pleased to forge stronger ties with him as he renews his contract with us. As our brand ambassador, we hope that he will be the extension of our company by serving as a channel in helping people lead comfortable and healthy lives.”
As to why he has chosen to continue using and promoting Santé Barley, Kuya Kim says, “As a health and fitness enthusiast, I am keen about the importance of optimal health and proper nutrition. That is why I’m honored to represent a brand that I believe in and, is true to its commitment of helping people lead a better life,” said Atienza.
Kuya Kim also said that he started taking Santé Barley products eight years ago and is aware of the powerful properties and proven health benefits of barley grass.
“I fell sick a couple of times in the past since I was immunocompromised. Now, as I lead a healthy lifestyle, it is important for me that my immune system is strengthened—something that Santé Barley has helped me with,” added Atienza.
Founded in 2007, Santé produces, distributes, and promotes high-quality natural health and wellness products; as well as services, designed to help people live healthier lives. With Santé Barley as its flagship brand, Santé has dominated the local market with its certified organic barley grass grown and harvested in New Zealand. More recently, Santé has become the Philippines’ first company to be certified organic by BioGro.
With the proven health benefits of Santé Barley, Santé has developed a broad range of high-quality barley-based products.
Today, Santé expanded its offerings to include a fitness and rehabilitation enter with its Santé Fitness Lab; and a range of natural products that remain true to the company’s thrust in promoting a healthier lifestyle.
Headquartered in the Philippines, Santé has offices worldwide, including in Hong Kon, Singapore, Qatar, Cyprus, Nigeria, UAE, and New Zealand.
The Benefits of Barley
Barley grass is so packed with nutrients that it can supply complete nutritional support. Barley juice powder boosts good health by providing:
- Antioxidant enzymes (particularly superoxide dismutase (SOD) and nitrogen reductase)
- Antioxidant bioflavonoids (particularly C-glycosylflavones, saponarin and lutonarin)
- Eight essential amino acids (making it a rich source of protein, with 15 times more protein than milk)
- Minerals (including iron, copper magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium)
- Vitamins (including folic acid, beta-Carotene, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, pantothenic acid, and lutein)
With so many nutrients, barley offers extensive health benefits. These are just 6 of many.
- It fills nutritional gaps. Barley grass is so packed with nutrients and minerals that consumers can rely on it to fill any nutritional gaps in their diets. Vegas and vegetarians, especially, may find it hard to get all the nutrition they need by eating only plant-based foods. But because barley grass is nutritionally complete, it’s a great dietary supplement.
- Boosts immunity. Vitamins B6, B12, and C; as well as iron, folic acid, and copper are all essential to maintaining hemoglobin levels and forming red blood cells. These nutrients and vitamins are found in abundance in barley grass. Barley grass have five times more iron than spinach, and iron improves blood volume and prevents fatigue and anemia. Vitamin C helps improve the body’s resistance to infection and disease. Further, barley grass proteins are easily absorbed polypeptides, and once in the blood, promotes cell metabolism and neutralizes free radicals.
- It can aid in weight loss. Being overweight or obese increases your risk of getting heart diseases, diabetes, cancer, and other health issues. Barley grass will not only help you lose weight, but also help prevent these problems. Being a rich source of insoluble fiber, barley grass makes you feel full for a long time, all while providing you with the essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Plus, since it also helps control blood sugar levels, you won’t have strong cravings between meals. By using barley grass – provided that you also engage in exercise and eat a healthy diet – you’ll be able to lose weight in a healthy manner.
- Improves bone health. Containing 11 times more calcium than milk, barley grass juice is a great source of this mineral, particularly for people who don’t eat dairy products. Its store of manganese can also improve normal bone production.
- Aids in managing the symptoms of some chronic diseases. Loaded with bioactive compounds like bioflavonoids and superoxide dismutase, barley grass scavenges free radicals in the body. This may play a crucial role in reducing inflammation in chronic diseases, such as gout, arthritis, and rheumatoid synovitis.
- Improves skin health and elasticity. Is your skin losing its luster and elasticity? Being a source of selenium, barley grass can significantly improve the overall health and elasticity of your skin. Barley grass benefits your skin’s elasticity, which prevents further harmful issues such as developing folds of loose skin. Moreover, it protects the skin from damage done by external factors, such as cold air, wind and harmful UV rays. Smog and exhaust fumes are some common factors that damage the skin, so if you live in a city, barley grass will help keep your skin youthful and healthy. Further, the other nutrients in barley grass, such as vitamin B, iron and chlorophyll also improve skin quality.
The Bottom Line
Packed with so many nutrients that offer a broad range of health benefits, its no wonder why people like Kuya Kim continue to use Santé Barley.
Want to experience these benefits for yourself? Try Santé Barley and enjoy a healthier life!